| Miss Stacey shows the 'Ban Bossy' video to members of Troop #3027 after a discussion about being a good leader. |
Recently, the members of Troop #3027 supported this message by encouraging members to use i-statements and showing a video featuring recording artist Beyonce! The video encourages young women to be good leaders and develop good communication skills. We discussed positive ways to solve problems by use good communication skills like "I-Statements" that focus on a specific behavior and how it affects you, instead of accusing or attacking the person for who they are or the way they act. When solving a conflict, use this phrase:When you __________________________ (describe a specific action that hurt you).
I feel ____________________ (say your feeling).
Because __________________ (why the action makes you feel that way).
By using I-Statements, conflicts in relationships can be solved. This is one way to be a good leader.
For more leadership tips for girls, click here!
No comments:
Post a Comment