Sunday, January 8, 2012

Meet Our Girl Scouts: Lia R.

Daisy Girl Scout, Lia R.
The Girl Scout of the Week is Lia!  She is a Daisy and a first grader at Harlem Success Academy.  She enjoys math, science, technology and karate!  But, what she really loves to do is sing.

Lia was chosen to be the Girl Scout of the Week because of her philanthropic spirit!  She knows what it means to make a donate your time, talents and treasures for the common good.  She donated more than eight inches of her hair to Locks of Love; an organization that creates wigs for cancer patients.  "When I got my hair cut, I cried", says Lia about her experience, "but, after that, I felt good".   Lia's Mom was inspired to give to the organzation after her family lost a good friend to cancer.

We appreciate your young spirit of giving, Lia!  Troop #3027 is proud of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weeks after this post Lia R. Got promoted second grade for her good grades and effort, and soon she will be entering third grade.

Congratulations Lia!