Sunday, April 29, 2012

Troop #3027 Takes A Fashion Class

This week, the girls from Troop #3027 put their designing talents to the test at The Fashion Class!  Located in Midtown, at 21 West 39th Street (4th floor), our young fashionistas received step-by-step instructions on how to assemble an original tasseled shirt.  Miss Kerry gave each of our girls a white t-shirt, a pair of scissors, beads, glitter, paint and stencils to create one-of-a-kind tops!




















One of the goals of Girl Scouting is to instill a sense of pride and confidence in each girl.  The Fashion Class allowed each girl to be creative and feel proud of themselves. "I made a shirt with a neck design and beads on it', said Kennedy (Brownie).  "I put the word 'love' on my shirt, hearts, the peace sign with pink and purple", she describes, "I made a bow-necklace and a bracelet"!  Cassidy, another Brownie, also enjoyed the class!  "We got to make stuff...our own designs...however we want", she said.

Special thanks to The Fashion Class instructors for creating an enjoyable and creative experience for our girls.  Click here for more information about The Fashion Class.

Troop #3027 at The Fashion Class

No comments: